|60||An attempt to establish a connection timed out.||
|61||An attempt to establish connection was rejected.||
|65||No route to host||
Exception in firewall:
If you receive code 60 or 61, please make sure that the AudioServer is in firewall's exception list. Here are the instructions for different OS:
Mac OSX: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1810
Find the IP address:
On PC: Right click on the small AudioServer icon (seating on the notification area) and select "Status".
On iPhone/iPod Touch: http://www.coderetard.com/2008/06/12/how-to-find-your-iphones-ip-address
NOTE: The IP address on both of PC and iPhone should look like A.B.C.X and A.B.C.Y (ie. 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.4) if the network mask is 255.255.255.0
Cannot find stereo mixer
Vista hides the recording device by default. To enable the devices:
1. Right click on the speaker icon by the clock in the lower right and select Recording Devices.
2. Your screen will likely look something like this.
3. Right click on the "blank area" and select Show Disabled Devices.
4. Now you may have a lot more items in the list. Right click on the one called "Stereo mix", "Wave out mix" or "What U Hear" and select Enable.
5. Restart the Audio Server. The recording device you just enabled should show up in the Audio input device list.
Cannot find the recording device (Stereo mix or Wave out mix) after selecting "Show disabled device"
You are probably using the default audio driver from Microsoft. You need to find out which audio card you are using and upgrade the driver from the manufacturer.
Still cannot find the recording device after upgrading the driver.
Please check out the following post:
Occasional click/glitch in audio
Quality of audio streaming can be affected by many factors. If you have glitch in the audio, here are some tips to improve the audio quality in your environment.
- Increase streaming buffer size.
- Get closer to the WiFi router. WiFi single strength will affect the data transfer throughput.
- Use LAN connection on audio server PC if possible.
- Close any unneeded programs on audio server PC while streaming the audio.
- If you have to use WiFi on your audio server PC, copy the media file to the local storage device and play back the media file locally.
Distored sound when using Vista core audio mode
Currently the AudioServer only support 44.1KHz and 48KHz audio. Please check your speaker's sample rate setting:
- Open the Control pannel and double click on Sound.
- Select the working speaker and click on the Properities button.
- Click on Advanced tab and select 16 bit, 44100Hz.
- Click on Apply